giovedì 2 ottobre 2008

last summer fancy


In the first opaque autumnal day, looking to the last luxuriant aubergine, I would like to remember the sunny summer. So I slice it thick, flour and fry the slices into hot sunflower seed oil. I put them to drain on kitchen paper . I wash a little bunch of salvia sclarea leaves (a sage type) and put them to dray at the air,too.
I chope into little cubes a piece of provolone cheese, and make another piece rapé (rough grated).
I grease a cake tin, put half of the fried aubergine slices, a pinch of salt, red pepper powder, some fennel seeds and the provolone cubes. Cover with remaining aubergine, salt, red pepper powder, fennel seeds, adorne with salvia sclarea leaves and, over all, I strew the provolone rapé.
I bake it for 15-20’ into the oven 180°, or in MW 10' m.high.
Don’t forget the fennel seeds (or, if you cannot find them, put a good pinch of oregano), it’s to prevent the aubergine flatulence. An old and famous great Italian cook, Artusi, who wrote the most famous Italian recipe book, called them petonciani instead of melanzane , (that is like farter instead of aubergine, ih, ih!)

Nessun commento: